All pupils in Year 7 have one computing lesson each week. Half-termly topics follow a theme and involve elements of computational thinking, practical coding challenges and computing theory. Assessments are taken towards the end of each half-term, concluding with a final assessment in the summer term.
- Using computers safely, effectively and responsibly (e-safety).
- UK Bebras Computational Thinking challenge.
- Database development.
- Digital literacy and online safety.
- Physical computing using the BBC micro:bit v2.
- Understanding computer systems (including opening up a desktop computer).
- First steps in Python (using the Turtle library).